At a glance
- Property code: TA13PE
- Area: Perthshire
- Sleeps: 7
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
- Dogs allowed: Yes
No 5 Lawers View, Taymouth Marina - Loch Tay
Holiday property description
A Luxury Holiday house in a fabulous scenic spot on the tranquil south shore of Loch Tay, offering magnificent views of the loch and highland scenery. The house provides spacious family accommodation over two floors with modern contemporary furnishing to the highest of standards. The large open plan lounge with sofa bed, adjoins a spacious dining area and modern fully fitted kitchen; upstairs there is the master bedroom with en suite and a Triple room with Bunk beds and one single bed toghether with en suite. A private Balcony leads from the sitting room and provides views from the hot tub down to the loch. The house sleeps up to 7 people making it perfect for a weekend away with family or friends.
The facilities at Taymouth cater for all but you may just want to stay at the house taking in the stunning views and landscape. If you do want to get out and about then water sports of all sorts are on the doorstep at the marina together which included a popular cafe and restaurant. There is also an innovative communal Hotbox Sauna with slide into the loch to find out how brave your heart is!
The central location makes it easy to visit both town and country with Perth just over 45 minutes away and daytrips can be comfortably made to Edinburgh, Glasgow and St Andrews. The stunning Highland scenery is on the doorstep but trips to see the iconic views at the likes of Glen Coe and Braemar are only about 1.5 hour drive away.
POSTCODE: PH15 2HW
Security Deposit £300
Short breaks and anyday arrival are welcome throughout the year.
Accommodation for 7 on two floors: Ground floor with spacious open plan sitting room/dining area and fully fitted Kitchen, double sofa bed in sitting area; Bathroom with shower over bath; utility room; Balcony with Hot Tub off sitting room.
First floor with 1 Double en suite shower and 1 Triple with Bunks and Single bed together with en suite shower room.
Services: Central heating & electricity included * Bed Linen and towels * Dishwasher* Washing machine * Tumble Drier * Fridge/Freezer * TV*DVD* Balcony with Hot Tub* Parking * Bicycle storage *Pets welcome.
Extras:- £20 per dog per week
Hot Tubs: For your enjoyment and for reasons of hygiene, all hot tubs are emptied, cleaned and refilled with clean water between occupancies. For this reason we are not able to guarantee that the optimum temperature will be reached on the first evening.
Please be aware we are currently undergoing small building works at Taymouth Marina on specific days through-out the week and for the duration of a few months. This is temporary and we will do our best to keep any disruption to an absolute minimum.
How to find us
No 5 Lawers View, Taymouth Marina - Loch Tay
Please note that the above map is used to indicate the general location of the holiday property. As the postcode is used to identify the general area of the property, it may not always reflect its precise location, therefore please only use this map as a guide.
Walk to Pub
Walk to Shops
Bed Linen Cost Incl
Heating Cost Incl
Sofa Beds 1
Single Beds 3
Double Beds 1
No 5 Lawers View, Taymouth Marina Reviews
2 star reviewNice looking villa, let down by:
1. The lack of privacy. Only a small waist height wall separating us from a busy car park.
2. Poor cleanliness. Both my children had an allergic reaction to the cat hair in the villa.
3. Poor customer service by Discover Scotland. On the day of our arrival, we still had not been provided with any information on how to obtain keys to the villa. After chasing them up we were provided with a generic email that said contact the company that actually manages the villa - 'Taymouth Marina'. Discover Scotland are no more than a booking agent. Both companies also issued receipts for differing amounts??
3. Poor customer service from Taymouth Marina, who manage the villas, supplied us with a code for accessing the key safe to obtain the welcome pack and keys for the villa. The wrong code was supplied to access the key safe. We phoned the their emergency out of hours number, after waiting outside for 30 approximately 30 minutes, we decided to wait inside the restaurant and happened to mention the waitress about this issue who informed us that the code had been changed. She kindly supplied us with the new code.
4. We were now able to access the welcome pack from the key safe, which included a picture of the development with a building highlighted. It could be assumed that the highlighted building would be the one that we were going to be staying at - but no! The key did not fit the lock. It would have also been nice if there was some way to identify each of the different villas, like names or numbers - but no! We had to try our key in every lock on every villa until we found the correct one.
5. There was a wedding on in a marque about 500 meters away from the villa on Saturday night. Which went on until 12:15am. Not great with trying to get 2 young children to go to sleep, so that we can be up in time to meet their 10am departure time the next day.We were very sorry to hear of the problems that you had and do apologise for them. As the apartment takes pets it is sometimes difficult to remove all pet hair, if you need pet free accommodation do let us know so that we are able to make sure that your requirements are met. The property descriptions will be reviewed to ensure that they are clear. As we said in our email to you we have spoken with Taymouth Marina who also apologise for any inconvenience, we will be reviewing procedures to ensure that no problems occur on arrival as we do like to ensure that bookings run smoothly for visitors.